In order to help support better communications while trying to get a group to go flying we are switching over to a new group chat program in place of our current chat box. This new group chat will be in the same place on the website and you can use it there like you do the current one today. The bonus is that the new chat has phone apps that will allow notifications when posts are made to the group. The hope is that just like the current chat box we have now on the site, pilots will use the group chat to coordinate flying activities. And we can also use it for occasional notifications that need to be relayed to pilots about information for flying our local sites.
Some tips for Telegram Group notifications.
The general settings for notifications on Telegram lets you customize the notifications for the entire chats and groups. But to disable notification for a specific chat or a group, you need to do as follows:
- Open the Telegram on your Android device
- Tap the chat/conversation/group you want to manage the notifications for
- Tap the contact/group name on the top to open the details
- Tap the Notifications and Sounds option
- And there you can manage the notifications, including the vibration and sound
- Open Telegram App
- Go to Telegram Settings
- Tap Notifications and Sounds
- Select Group Notifications
- Select desired settings.