Hello SBSA current member pilots,
Guidelines for SBSA Chat
Similar to text, each post may notify hundreds of users. Please post with that in mind, be thoughtful around the content and the time of day that you are posting. SBSA is PST time zone.
What the chat is intended for:
- This main use of the SBSA chat is intended for current SBSA members organizing free flight and logistics around getting to launch or getting rides after flying.
- Posting information/pictures around your recent flights in the SB area and conditions is encouraged.
- Organizing club trips for flying at other locations
- Announcing club meetings and gatherings
- Announcing changes to guidelines or rules around flying in and around Santa Barbara
What the chat is not intended for:
- Topics not directly related to flying in the local SB mountains (this chat is not meant to be social media to post whatever you feel like, please stay on topic)
- Debating topics and stating opinions
- Organizing flying from individuals who are not current SBSA members at sites not in or around Santa Barbara
- Posting “for sale” messages for equipment, use the forums designed for it or reach out to the local schools.
- Chit chat between a few individuals, use direct messaging or create a new telegram group
Here is what you need to do to join the SBSA group chat.
or sign up and use the web version in a browser
or install it on your computer
Regardless of which way you signed up for telegram via your device above, you will need to click on this link to join the SBSA group chat.
Some tips for Telegram Group notifications.
The general settings for notifications on Telegram lets you customize the notifications for the entire chats and groups. But to disable notification for a specific chat or a group, you need to do as follows:
- Open the Telegram on your Android device
- Tap the chat/conversation/group you want to manage the notifications for
- Tap the contact/group name on the top to open the details
- Tap the Notifications and Sounds option
- And there you can manage the notifications, including the vibration and sound
- Open Telegram App
- Go to Telegram Settings
- Tap Notifications and Sounds
- Select Group Notifications
- Select desired settings.